Course Enrollment Guide
Need help figuring out your course enrollment for next semester?
Find Out Your Remaining Academic Requirements
What COMM and Related Courses are Required? (COMM Major and Minor)
Wait Listing and Permission Numbers for COMM Courses
The COMM class I want to enroll in is full: Can I still get in?
- You can add yourself to the wait list for the COMM course IF a wait list has been set up for the course. You'll know a wait list has been set up if you see the "wait list if class is full" option available during course enrollment. If a spot becomes available later, you will be emailed a Permission Number or directly enrolled by the wait list manager (if there is no time conflict and space in your semester course load).
Should you email the COMM course instructor to obtain a Permission Number?
- NO. Permission numbers are issued by the Department's wait list manager and will be issued only to those on the wait list. COMM instructors do not issue permission numbers.
- For courses outside of the COMM Department, check with the department offering the course for their wait list and permission number policy.
For additional information about Wait Lists and Permission Numbers, please see our FAQ page
CLAS General Education Requirements – Approved Course Options
COMM Career Prep – COMMEverywhere
COMM Everywhere is the COMM Advising Office initiative with the two-fold purpose of helping COMM students:
- EXPLORE the diversity of career options open to them through the wide-ranging knowledge and skills acquired through coursework in Communication; and,
- ENGAGE in career preparation throughout their student journey.
The Department of Communication and COMM Advising Office host a variety of exploration and engagement programming:
- a First-Year Experience COMM Learning Community (UNIV 1810) specifically for COMM Majors, featuring CliftonStrengths assessment-based activities to help students discover their greatest talents and understand how to use them to achieve academic, career, and personal success;
- Collaborating with the Center for Career Development, COMM Careers Events and professionalization activities that are embedded in the COMM course curriculum, as well as extracurricular;
- Experiential learning opportunities through COMM 4991 Internship in Communication, COMM 4992 Research Practicum, and other senior experience programming (in development); and,
- Certificate in Communication, to highlight your practical skills obtained through a particular concentration of advanced COMM coursework.
Katie D'Antonio and Joel Nebres, Academic Advisors
Want to Meet with an Academic Advisor?
To schedule an advising appointment, use our online system:
VIRTUAL or PHONE APPOINTMENTS ONLY
Due to the COVID-19 Crisis, Walk-in Advising is Cancelled Until Further Notice
See Below for Advisor Contact Information
Kathryn D’Antonio – firstname.lastname@example.org
WebEX Meeting Room: https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/meet/ked10017
Phone in: US Toll (through WebEX, room 644 100 565)
José (Joel) Nebres – email@example.com
WebEX Meeting Room: https://uconn-cmr.webex.com/meet/jrn06001
Phone in: US Toll (through WebEX, room 644 625 203)
Office Location: Arjona Building, ARJ245
Phone: (860) 486-3687 (during COVID-19 crisis, only voicemail available)
General Questions? Please contact one of the advisors listed above.
Applications & Forms
Registrar's Forms (to Add/Drop, or go to Pass-Fail Option, etc.)
CLAS Online Program Change (To declare a CLAS Major or a Minor)
COMM Minor Plan of Study (Once declared, the Minor plan of study can be submitted online in Student Admin, when you submit your Final Plan of Study)
COMM 4991 Internship Course Enrollment Application
(To Earn Credit for a COMM-Related Internship)