COMM Everywhere is the COMM Advising Office initiative with the two-fold purpose of helping COMM students:
- EXPLORE the diversity of career options open to them through the wide-ranging knowledge and skills acquired through coursework in Communication; and,
- ENGAGE in career preparation throughout their student journey.
The Department of Communication and COMM Advising Office host a variety of exploration and engagement programming:
- a First-Year Experience COMM Learning Community (UNIV 1810) specifically for COMM Majors, featuring CliftonStrengths assessment-based activities to help students discover their greatest talents and understand how to use them to achieve academic, career, and personal success;
- COMM Careers Events and professionalization activities embedded in the COMM course curriculum (see below);
- Experiential learning opportunities through COMM 4991 Internship in Communication, COMM 4992 Research Practicum, and other senior experience programming (in development); and,
- Certificate in Communication, to highlight your practical skills obtained through a particular concentration of advanced COMM coursework.