UConn Communication Graduate Student Association
CGSA’s mission is to enhance the quality of graduate student life by both developing and maintaining a social and professional network and establishing and working toward professional and educational goals together. We aim to be a community of scholars, emphasizing both community and scholarship and building on both.
The CGSA is a product of many students and faculty coming together with a goal of creating a cohesive graduate student culture within our department.
Registered as an official organization with the University we are able to, among other things:
- Utilize our Student Organization funding to host social events and professional development events
- Assist the faculty in conducting the new teaching assistant orientation program
- Assist the faculty in organizing the graduate colloquium events
- Provide peer support to our fellow members and enhance our academic learning experience at UConn
- Establish a community of student teachers and scholars to help improve our pedagogical and research skills